CODE offers chance to try “Assassin’s Creed: Revelations”

The latest installment of “Assassin’s Creed: Revelations” was released on Tuesday. For those whose minds aren’t made up about the game, CODE will host an opportunity to try out “Revelations” this Saturday.
    Bill Deer, the UA’s campus rep from Ubisoft, said there will be plenty for people to do at the gaming center in the Park Student Union, starting at 3 p.m.
    “There will be a number of different copies for people to try, both on Playstation and Xbox,” Deer said. “Two won’t be connected to the Internet so people can try the single player if they’ve never played ‘Assassin’s Creed’ before.”
    Don’t fret, fans of the multiplayer, because Deer will also have four copies of the game running at the event specifically to try the multiplayer option. There will also be some prizes to be won in the form of various “Assassin’s Creed” collectibles.
    There might even be some competitions grounded in the real world, in the vein of exploring campus like one explores the various ancient cities found in the “Assassin’s Creed” games. According to Deer, winners might get a free copy of the last game in the series, “Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood.”
    Deer also stressed how great a game “Assassin’s Creed,” is, saying it’s totally different from anything else on the market.
    “For the most part, with stealth action, they’re spy games,” Deer said. “You sort of always end up hiding. With ‘Assassin’s Creed’ you can be aggressive. If you get cornered you can fight back, whereas in the Tom Clancy games, stuff like that, you end up having to run.”
    It can be played both ways, lending itself to whatever the player wants, according to Deer.
    He also brought up the fact that “Assassin’s Creed” is the only game in its timeframe. The first game was set in the Middle East during the Third Crusade, while the last two were set in Italy between the 15th and 16th century. “Revelations,” however, is set in 16th-century Constantinople, making this franchise one of the most well-traveled and historically fleshed-out experiences.
    Step into the shoes of an ancient assassin and see faraway cities from days long past — and have fun doing it.