“Suspects arrested in beating, robbery of teen”

Two suspects have been arrested in connection with the robbery and beating of a 16-year-old boy at Camarillo High School last month, authorities said.

The Oxnard boy was walking along on the high school campus about 7:30 p.m. March 30 when two other teens confronted him and a fight ensued, Ventura County Sheriff’s officials said in a prepared statement.

During the altercation, one of the suspects struck the victim repeatedly in the head and face with his fists, causing him to lose consciousness, Sheriff’s officials said. The other suspect at one point physically stopped the victim from leaving the scene, and the suspects took property from the victim before fleeing, officials said.

The victim was treated for non-life-threatening injuries, including a facial fracture, officials said.

Investigators determined that the incident was gang related and arrested one suspect after serving a search warrant in the 5000 block of Dodson Street in Somis April 1, officials said. The other suspect was arrested April 6 near an apartment complex in the area of Barry Street and Glen Drive in Camarillo.

The suspects, a 17-year-old Simi Valley resident and a 16-year-old Somis resident, were booked into Juvenile Hall on suspicion of robbery, battery with serious bodily injury, accessory to a crime and street terrorism, officials said. They remained in custody this week.