No. 25 volleyball back in action on the road

Briana Sanchez
Briana Sanchez / Arizona Daily Wildcat UA volleyball against Colorado with a final score of 3-1 on Novemeber 16, 2012 at Mckale.

Arizona indoor volleyball will put its new No. 25 ranking to the test when it faces the Rocky Mountain schools on the road this weekend.

The UA is also ranked No. 17 in the latest NCAA RPI rankings. The Wildcats improved by 13 spots from the previous week.

After sweeping UCLA and No. 1 USC last weekend, Arizona travels to Colorado to face the Buffaloes on Friday night at 6 and Utah on Sunday afternoon at 1 in a match that will be televised on the Pac-12 Networks.

Colorado beat Oregon State last weekend to get out of a three-match losing streak. Junior Taylor Simpson leads the Buffs, as she is ranked eighth in the Pac-12 with 3.48 kills per set.

Sophomore Nicole Edelman is fourth in the league in assists and junior Kelsey English is in the top 10 of the conference in both hitting percentage and blocks.

Utah is second in the Pac-12 in blocks and No. 22 in the RPI. Utah junior Bailey Bateman is ranked No. 5 in the conference for blocks.

All three teams earned high numbers in their stats with the help of players like Arizona’s junior Madi Kingdon, who had 33 kills in two victories and was named the Pac-12 conference Offensive Player of the Week.

Freshman setter Penina Snuka has also received a Pac-12 weekly honor for the second time this season, being named Freshman of the Week.

—Follow Rose Aly Valenzuela @RoseAlyVal