Date Book

Campus Events

• Women’s leadership conference. Undergraduate female students in the College of Science, College of Agriculture, College of Engineering and the Eller College of Business are invited to attend this professional development and networking conference on March 24. The deadline to register is today. Send an e-mail to wlcaz07@gmail.com or visit http://ugrad.eller.arizona.edu/student/organizations/wlc to get a registration form
  • Seminar. “”Biomechanics of the Optic Nerve Head in Glaucoma”” will be presented by C. Ross Ethier, director of the Institute of Biomaterials and Biomedical Engineering at the University of Toronto. Noon. Free. Arizona Health Sciences Center, Room 5403
  • Lecture. Lawrence J. Marnett discusses “”The Vioxx Fiasco: A Look in the Rear-View Mirror.”” This lecture is hosted by the College of Pharmacy. Noon. Free. Drachman Hall, Room B-111
  • Entertainment

• “”Romeo and Juliet.”” Arizona Repertory Theatre will perform William Shakespeare’s classic . $17-$26. 7:30 p.m. Marroney Theatre
  • Photo exhibition. The Hillel Foundation presents “”Oh Snap! Israel’s photographs by UA Students.”” All day. Free. Student Union Memorial Center, Kachina Gallery
  • “”I Dream in Widescreen.”” A number of rough-cut films will be played. They are the senior thesis films of students completing the media arts department’s Bachelor of Fine Arts program. All films will be open to feedback from viewers. 9 a.m.-12 p.m. Free. Marshall building, Room 222
  • Exhibition. A number of works created by UA art students will be shown in a variety of media, including single-channel video, photography, sculpture, painting, drawing and printmaking. 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Free. SUMC, Union Gallery
  • “”Halo 2″” tournament. Students can attend a video game tournament featuring the popular Xbox game. 5 p.m. $3. SUMC, Games Room