Letter: As UA finishes another chapter, so does President Ann Weaver Hart

Daniyal Arshad

UA President Ann Weaver Hart talking about her replacement Dr. Robert Robbins taking over the position at a recent faculty senate meeting.

To University of Arizona students:

In a few short days, many of you will be graduating, transitioning from your time as UA students to the next stage in your lives. I hope that you enjoy the ceremonies and celebrations that will mark the completion of your degree, including the convocations held by the many colleges, student centers and other entities around campus. I also hope that many of you are able to participate in the University Commencement at Arizona Stadium on May 12, which will be a wonderful celebration of your accomplishments as Wildcats and an opportunity to reflect on the transition to a new and exciting part of your lives.

As most of you know, the university is going through a transition as well, with Dr. Robert C. Robbins set to succeed me as UA president on June 1 as I return to a faculty role. I hope all of you, soon-to-be alumni and continuing students, give him a very warm welcome to the University of Arizona.

Finally, whether you are graduating this year or staying on campus, I hope that you remember that we are all part of an intergenerational, dynamic and global community. The UA is special because of the learning and discovery that takes place on its campuses every day and because of the impact its students and alumni create in the world. I have been so proud to serve as president, and I am continually in awe of what our students and alumni accomplish.

Congratulations to our graduates, and Bear Down!

Ann Weaver Hart,

President

The University of Arizona