Junior DT to transfer to Hawaii

Junior Kaniela Tuipulotu has been granted a release from his scholarship with the Arizona football program, according to the athletic department.

Tuipulotu has returned to his home state of Hawaii where the Kahuku High School graduate was once an all-state defensive tackle and will join the Hawaii Rainbow Warriors, the Honolulu Advertiser said.

For the Wildcats, Tuipulotu played in 19 games while starting seven of those and contributing 13 tackles, one tackle for loss and one forced fumble.

The 6-foot-2, 300 pound junior looked to play a prominent role but has been hampered by injuries while in Tucson. Because of transfer rules, he will redshirt the 2009 year and has two years of eligibility left.

Sisk announces transfer destination

Former Arizona pitcher Lindsey Sisk announced that she will be transferring to the Texas A&M Aggies softball team.

Sisk, who had an up-down-year in the circle, said she would transfer concluding the Wildcats two-game Women’s College World Series appearance. She cited the lack of playing time in the outfield when she was not pitching as a major reason why she wanted to transfer.

When the Wildcats tripped to College Station, Texas, Sisk saw the Aggies program and fan-support firsthand. Ironically, in the only win of a three-game series between the Wildcats and the Aggies, Sisk earned the ‘W.’

“”The fans were really into the games and were pretty wild and funny, and it will be nice to be on the other side of things,”” Sisk said through the Texas A&M athletic department. “”Texas A&M is a great school with a great softball program, great coaches and great history and I know it will be a good fit.””

Sisk finished the season with a 13-5 record and a 3.86 ERA.

Wildcats help USA softball to wins

Former Arizona softball players Jennie Finch, Caitlin Lowe and Jenae Leles have helped the U.S. National Team to a 4-0 start in the 2009 Canada Cup softball tournament.

Leles, who was the second leading home-run hitter on last year’s Wildcat team, earned her first hit as a member of the team in similar fashion, knocking in a home run against the Netherlands in a July 4 game.

Team USA defeated the Netherlands 7-0 and drubbed Australia by the same margin the following game. They went on to defeat Venezuela by an 8-1 score and host Canada in a 10-0 shutout.

Finch has been aiding the offense as well as helping a strong pitching staff give up just one run throughout the four games. Meanwhile, Lowe leads the team in at-bats and has produced four hits.