The Student News Site of University of Arizona

The Daily Wildcat

76° Tucson, AZ

The Daily Wildcat

The Daily Wildcat


    Police Beat

    Sleeping man on Mall banned from UA property
    A man was arrested on charges of trespassing in the third degree Nov. 2 at 10:01 p.m.

    Police responded to a call for a man sleeping on the UA Mall near the Psychology building. When the officer arrived he saw a male subject sleeping on his side on the grass in front of the building. The subject woke when the officer called to him and sat up without assistance. The officer asked if the man needed any help. He said no, he was just sleeping because he had too much to drink.

    The man verbally identified himself to the officer. A check of his name showed that he had been warned about sleeping on campus on Nov. 1, and was told that if he was found on campus again, it would be trespassing.

    The man was told to leave campus and not return or he would be arrested. He said he understood and left the area.

    The officer saw the man walking westbound near Old Main, when he stopped and sat on a bench. The man stayed there for several minutes and did not appear to be making any attempt to leave. The officer approached the man again. The man told the officer that he wanted to have a cigarette before he left.

    The officer placed the man under arrest for trespassing in the third degree. The officer was then informed that the man had been previously arrested by University of Arizona Police Department for shoplifting from the UofA Bookstore on Oct. 16. He was issued an Exclusionary Order from any UA owned, controlled or rented property. He was taken to the Pima County Jail.

    Intoxicated woman found in car with flat tires
    A woman was cited for being a minor in possession of alcohol Nov. 2 at 7:10 a.m.

    Police were dispatched to the parking lot in front of the Kaibab-Huachuca dorm in reference to a car with four flat tires and a possible drunk female in the driver’s seat.

    Police made contact with the woman in the car. Reports noted that she smelled of intoxicants and she had watery, bloodshot eyes. Officers also noted that there was vomit on the ground outside of the driver’s door. The vehicle had significant damage to the tires. All four were flat and the two back tires were shredded so that the metal wires from the tires were visible. Officers reported that it looked like she ran over a curb and then drove on flat tires. There were pieces of rubber from the tires in the road at North Tyndall Avenue and East Fourth Street, showing that the car had been driven while the rubber was coming off.

    The woman told officers that she did not know how she got there. She said she went to a party at her friend’s house the night before. She did not remember drinking alcohol, but she said she could tell that she had. The woman said she had left the party at 12:30 a.m by herself, driving her vehicle. The next thing she remembered was waking up in the driver’s seat in the parking lot. The woman also said she did not think that she caused the damage to her vehicle. She believed someone must have slashed her tires.

    Police asked the woman where the keys to the car were. She said they were in the ignition; however, upon looking, police found them in the console.

    The girl’s grandmother picked her up in order to take her to the hospital. The woman said she was afraid she may have been drugged.

    The woman was cited and released for being a minor in possession of alcohol.

    Man contacted student about nude photos
    A man was warned against contacting a woman after she backed out of a contract to model in erotica Nov. 2 at 1:37 a.m.

    Police were dispatched to the Villa del Puente dorm in reference to a male subject going to the dorm to make contact with a woman.

    Officers met with the woman who said that on Oct. 30 she responded to an ad on regarding models needed for a photography shoot. The woman said that the ad was for a company called “”Pink Pearl Erotica.”” She also said the ad had stated that the photography was for nude art and it would be artistically done.

    The woman said that on Oct. 31, she met with the man who had posted the ad outside of her dorm. She described him to officers and said he had only told her a first name. During the meeting, the man was pushing the woman to participate in nude erotica, asking her to take photographs of him “”cumming on her”” and “”giving him hand jobs.”” The woman said she told him that she was not comfortable with that type of photography. She also looked through a variety of sample photos that he brought, telling him what type she was comfortable with.

    The woman said that on Nov. 2 she met with the man again outside the dorm. During this meeting she signed a contract for a photography session. She was told she would be given a $250 deposit that would be mailed to her. If she decided to back out, then she would only owe the man the deposit. She said she was not given a copy of the contract.

    After the man left, the woman decided against doing the photo shoots. She e-mailed the man to tell him. He responded, saying she was obligated to do the photo shoots because she signed a contract and saying he would seek damage costs for the breach of contract. He also told her he would be willing to work something out for her to “”buy back”” her contract.

    The woman said she then called the man. During this call, she said he told her he would “”write off”” the contract if she gave him a “”hand job.”” He also said he would be on his way to the dorm at that time.

    The woman then called officers. She said she was not scared for her safety, but was worried about the contract and possibly having to commit to something she wasn’t comfortable with. While she was speaking with officers, the man called her. An officer answered it, but the man hung up. The man sent the woman a text shortly after saying that he had voided the contract and saying he did not wish to have contact with her from this point forward.

    Police made contact with the man later via telephone. He told them his first name, but would not give them any other information. He said he voided the woman’s contract and did not want to communicate with her further. He said he kept a file of the contract for his business records only.

    The man was advised by police to not contact the woman again.

    More to Discover
    Activate Search