Calendar: Tucson and Campus

The ladies of the Tucson Roller Derby could be the best Sonic employees ever, unless youre scared of getting an elbow in the face. Roll up your windows, folks.
    The ladies of the Tucson Roller Derby could be the best Sonic employees ever, unless you’re scared of getting an elbow in the face. Roll up your windows, folks.

Today

Congress candidate holds art show to slam Bush – Jeff Latas, a Democratic House candidate, is presenting an art show to highlight the “”Sins of the Bush Administration.”” Because for some people, living during the Bush administration isn’t reminder enough. 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. from today until Saturday. Free. Galeria La Sirena, 2905 E. Broadway Blvd.

Tomorrow

“”Buffy the Vampire Slayer”” sing-along – Were you ever so into a sitcom about a valley girl who killed vampires that you felt like singing about it? Well then you really should consider putting the admission toward a therapist instead. Consider it a down payment on a real life. 9 p.m. $5. The Loft Cinema, 3233 E. Speedway Blvd.

Insomniacs wanted for poem lecture – Albert Goldbarth, three-time record holder for the most boring name ever, will be lecturing on the similarities between the 19th century and a contemporary poem. Anyone having any trouble sleeping lately is encouraged to come. Noon to 1:30 p.m. Free. Himmel Park Library, 1035 N. Treat Ave.

Saturday

“”Tucson Idol”” – Because being a star in Tucson is really going to put you on the map. 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. $8 for adults, $7 for minors. Gaslight Theatre, 7010 E. Broadway Blvd.

Tucson Roller Derby presents: “”Hits, Highlights and Catfights!”” – Watching women duke it out on roller skates is about as exciting as watching bears wrestle on a trampoline. Well, maybe almost. 7 p.m. $5. The Loft Cinema, 3233 E. Speedway Blvd.

Sunday

Mercury’s Revenge – Apparently they just got really fed up with Mars and decided to do something about it. It’s a rock show, so remember not to bring your grandma. 9:30 p.m. $5. Vaudeville Cabaret, 110 E. Congress St. 21+

Hank Topless – No really, Hank just doesn’t like to wear a shirt. It’s a country show, so leave your inhibitions on incest at the door. 9:30 p.m. Free. Plush, 340 E. Sixth St. 21+

Monday

Lamb of God and Opeth – Despite what it sounds like, Lamb of God is not a concert you’ll want to bring your church knitting group to. The show features Opeth, a female vocalist with the body and voice of a man, yet somehow clever enough to convince us otherwise. 6:30 p.m. $20 in advance, $23 at the door. The Rialto Theatre, 318 E. Congress St.

Tuesday

Genghis Tron – This title also doubles as a Japanese cartoon where ancient war heroes rise up in robot form and battle it out over large cityscapes! Well, it should. It’s an indie rock show, so bring your pretentiousness. 7 p.m. $5. Skrappy’s, 201 E. Broadway Blvd.

Wednesday

Blowupnihilist – Apparently this band never learned the wonderful thing that makes my writing possible: spaces. It’s an indie rock show, so bring your broad and undefined taste in a genre with no real specifications. 7 p.m. $5. Living Room, 413 E. Fifth St.
    – compiled by Brett Avram