Shooting near campus leaves one dead, one injured

Detectives+from+the+Tucson+Police+Department+Homicide+Unit+work+at+the+scene+of+a+fatal+shooting+at+a+residence+on+the+1400+block+of+Grant+Rd.+Shots+rang+out+after+multiple+suspects+entered+the+residence%2C+leaving+one+dead+and+one+injured.+++
Tom Price

Detectives from the Tucson Police Department Homicide Unit work at the scene of a fatal shooting at a residence on the 1400 block of Grant Rd. Shots rang out after multiple suspects entered the residence, leaving one dead and one injured.

A shooting on Grant Road and Vine Avenue left one dead and one injured Tuesday night.

Just after 6 p.m. the Tucson Police Department received a 911 call about a shooting in a residence housed in the 1400 block of East Grant Road, said TPD Sergeant Pete Dugan.

Just before the shooting, several suspects entered the home from the rear of the residence and immediately assaulted at least one resident. The suspects then fatally shot another.

“It appears the suspects knew the residents,” Dugan said. ”It does not appear to be a home invasion or a random act of violence.”

The fatally wounded victim was announced deceased at the scene, and the assaulted victim was treated by paramedics before being released.

TPD homicide detectives are on the scene, and no suspects have been apprehended at this time.

The Daily Wildcat will update the story as more information is released.

Follow Sam Gross on Twitter.