Calendar

Today

• NPR’s “”Talk of the Nation”” Live Broadcast – KUAZ Radio has brought National Public Radio’s “”Talk of the Nation”” to Tucson, with host Neal Conan. The crew will be broadcasting the two-hour call-in news program live from our very own campus! Don’t miss your chance to be a silent fixture in the background of a nationally broadcasted radio show. 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., but seating is first-come, first-serve and you must be seated by 10:40 a.m. to get in. Free. Stevie Eller Dance Theatre
  • UA Wind Ensemble featuring euphonium soloist Matt Tropman – The UA Wind Ensemble is performing a special concert in conjunction with a tuba conference, and that’s where Matt Tropman comes in. He was formerly the solo euphonium (tuba) player for the U.S. Marine Band and often played at the White House. On this special night he will be performing Amilcare Ponchielli’s “”Concerto for Flicorno Basso,”” which was composed in 1872. Free concert, free culture. I always like to write poetry while listening to non-lyrical music; maybe you can write your own masterpiece from the audience! 7:30 p.m. Free. Crowder Hall
  • Tomorrow

• Wildcat Pow Wow – Today marks the beginning of this two-day event in which American Indian traditions come alive on campus! Festivities include the Pascua Yaqui Deer Dancers, two Grammy-nominated drum groups, an American Indian dancer’s first public show, and don’t forget the yummy fry bread and other indigenous food. You’ve been in Tucson how long and you’ve never seen Native American culture? You’ve got to experience it! Today, 5 p.m. to 10 p.m., tomorrow, 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. $5 for adults, $3 for students. Bear Down Field

Satuday

• Step it Up Tucson presents “”Solar Rock”” – As part of the National Day of Climate Action, UA faculty and students put together a 100 percent solar-powered concert featuring local youth talent and UA researchers who will speak about global warming. If you’re really not sure what all the fuss is about, you should go educate yourself in a fun, community way. There will be activities for families and displays by local schools, college students, community organizations and local green businesses. That means you may get a free pen! Noon to 5 p.m. Free. Himmel Park Amphitheater, 1000 N. Tucson Blvd.
  • “”Sticks and Junk”” exhibit – You may see them as just “”Sticks and Junk,”” but husband and wife Imo Baird and Selina Littler see desert “”found objects”” as media for their sculptures. Together these artists make dynamic contemporary art come alive with their fragile sculptures that seem like the wind could have blown them together by coincidence. There will be an artist-led found object sculpture workshop from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m., so you can learn how they craft such modern masterpieces, and an artist lecture and reception. 7 p.m. Free, but you must register for the workshop by tomorrow; call 792-3617 to register. Hope VI Art and Culture Partnership Gallery, 951 E. 35th St.
  • Sunday

• Spring Fling – This is your last night to go to Spring Fling, which is put on by UA students. Today is “”Fiesta Day,”” which means you better party hard because after this you’ll have to wait another year to have a spring fling! Admission free with CatCard, $1 parking. Noon to 6 p.m. Rillito Downs, North First Avenue and River Road

Monday

• Electric Six – They’re electric, they like Switzerland and they’re coming to Plush. What more do you need to know about the members of Electric Six? Their music is like a cross between Ima Robot and Daft Punk – totally fun with some electro-beats to keep your feet tapping. With Night Kills the Day and Test Your Reflex. 9 p.m. $10. Plush, 340 E. Sixth St. (21+)

Tueday

• UApresents: Soweto Gospel Choir – This choir will ignite your senses with the fire starter of African Gospel music. The stories and songs of indigenous South Africans will be told through the voices of 26 choir singers. And apparently they dance while they sing, too! 7:30 p.m. $10 to $37. Centennial Hall

Wednesday

• Ice Cube – That’s right, ladies and gentlemen, the genius that brought you the series of “”Friday”” movies is also a rapper, and he’s back on tour. Ice Cube was the lyrical brains of rap group N.W.A. (you probably hear their song “”Gangsta Gangsta”” on KFMA all the time) so you can bet he has his own set of lyrics that will blow you away. With WC of Westside Connection. Doors open at 7 p.m. $35 advance, $36 day of show. The Rialto Theatre, 318 E. Congress St.