Missing mother found dead in van

Charges could be filed next week in the death of Melissa Best, 34, of Round Lake Park.

The mother of two disappeared April 15th after dropping off her oldest daughter at a friend’s home.

Police believe after dropping off her daughter, Best then drove to Waukegan and met with two friends.

It was there, investigators say, she died then was driven in her minivan to a parking lot at the Grays Pointe Condominiums in Grayslake.

The apartment complex is located near Illinois Highway 120 and U.S. Highway 45. She was found lying down in the backseat.

Police say there is no connection between that location and the death.

Authorities say they have found a lot of evidence inside the van.

Although there were no outward signs of trauma, preliminary tests show that Best had drugs and alcohol in her system.

For now, investigators are holding off on an official cause of death until an autopsy is performed Wednesday afternoon and final toxicology results come back next week. That is also when the two person of interest may be charged in the death.

Illinois recently passed a law that makes concealing a death a crime.

Best was married 15 years ago to her husband, Clint. The couple were together for 20 years.

Clint Best, who talked to reporters last week asking for helping finding his wife has asked for privacy now that her body’s been found.

Authorities added Facebook was extremely helpful in their investigation. They received a lot of leads and tips through it.