Date Book

• The Jaws of Time: The 1960s to the 1990s, Brokeback Style. Amy Villarejo, an associate professor of film and director of the feminist, gender and sexuality studies program at Cornell University, will discuss gay, lesbian and queer themes in contemporary cinema. Noon to 1:30 p.m. Marshall building, Room 211
  • Comedy Corner. You’ll laugh, you’ll cry. (Well, maybe not cry.) Come see the renowned sketch comedy troupe. Free. Noon. Wilbur’s Underground, Cellar restaurant
  • David Russell. Come see the Grammy-winning classical guitarist. $35 general admission, $30 UA employees and seniors, $20 students. 7 p.m. Also playing Oct. 7 at 2:30 p.m. School of Music, Holsclaw Hall
  • “”Talk to Me.”” Come enjoy this 2007 movie. $3. 7 and 10 p.m. Gallagher Theater
  • UA Philharmonic Orchestra Concert. The UA Philharmonic presents its first concert of the season. It will play compositions by Beethoven, Camille Saint-SaÇns and Howard Hanson. Free and open to the public. 7:30 p.m. UA School of Music, Crowder Hall
  • UApresents: Dionne Warwick. The legendary voice behind countless classic tunes comes to the UA! $25-65 . Call the UApresents box office at 621-3341 for ticket information. 8 p.m. Centennial Hall
  • Glow in the dark billiards. It’s billiards… with a twist. $5 with CatCard, $8 otherwise. 9 p.m. to close. Wilbur’s Underground