Finding gifts at the UA for graduating Wildcats

Jesus Barrera

The UA Bookstore at the Student Union Memorial Center will have its grand reopening after undergoing a nearly $1-million rennovation on Thursday, Nov. 10.

UA BookStores offer over 50 graduation gifts for Wildcats that are about to take on the world. These are some of the most popular and interesting gifts for this graduation season. 

UA Alumni License Plates $14.99-$42.99

License plates are an easy way to show off Wildcat pride without loading the back of a vehicle with a bunch of stickers. The UA Bookstores have three different license plates. Two of the plates display the word “alumni” and all three have the UA’s name spelled out in the UA’s signature blue color. 

“Arizona has a pretty big Alumni Association, so with these license plates you can always recognize people when you’re driving around,” said Jake Wright, assistant director of general merchandise at UA Bookstores.

Diploma Frames $114.95-$249.99

Diploma frames can be a great way to show off that diploma that Wildcats work so hard for so many years to get. The UA Bookstores offer six different diploma frame options, including a frame that has space to frame a tassel along with the diploma. 

“The diploma frames are always a huge hit,” Wright said. “No matter where you go, you can hang that up in an office, in a house or any place.”

RELATED: Three UA students bring their theses to the stage

UA Padfolios $26.99

With UA branded padfolios, Wildcats can show off their UA pride even in the most professional settings. Padfolios are thin, lightweight and more portable than standard portfolios. They are designed so that carrying around small notebooks and sheets of paper can be more convenient and organized. 

Dr. Seuss’s “Oh, the Places You’ll Go!” $17.99

The graduation gift mainstay “Oh, the Places You’ll Go” is one of the more lighthearted gifts found at the UA Bookstores. While the advice in the book might not be the most practical for graduating Wildcats, it can still be a cute, sentimental gift.

RELATED: Third annual CATSYS recognizes top athletes, unsung heroes

Skypod Images $113.89-$771.62

Skypod Images is an officially licensed UA vendor that captures ultra high resolution aerial images of the UA and surrounding areas of Tucson. These images are handcrafted onto metal, acrylic or aluminum to display. 

“Metal prints are usually the go to product,” said Dean Kelly, owner of Skypod Images. “Metal prints are high resolution and are just more current.”

SkyPod Images have several images available of popular UA and Tucson locations such as the UA Mall and “A” Mountain on Sentinel Peak. 

“These are just never before seen, beautiful pictures of the UA because this is a new technology,” Kelly said. “We just love working with the university.” 

Visit the UA Bookstores website for more information on their graduation gifts.

Follow Marquies White on Twitter