Drug arrests made

Henderson County Sheriff’s Department searches resulted in two drug arrests Wednesday.

In the Crescent Heights area investigators arrested Johnnie Arthur King, 31, on charges of possession of less than one gram of a controlled substance, unlawful possession of a firearm by a felon and an existing warrant for evading arrest. He was released Friday, after posting bond totaling $17,500. The drug charge is a state jail felony punishable by up to two years in a state jail. Unlawful possession of a firearm by a felon is a third degree felony punishable by two to 10 years in the Texas Department of Criminal Justice.

HCSO reports said Investigators and other law officers executed a search warrant in the 5000 block of County Road 1221, in the Crescent Heights Area between Athens and Malakoff. At the residence, officers found a quantity of methamphetamine and a firearm. King was arrested at the scene and transported to jail.

Investigators Brad GrayKendell WellmanKalon RollinsDavid Faught, Wick Gabbard worked the case, along with Lt. Bryan Tower, Captain Kay Langford and Henderson CountyDistrict Attorney’s Investigator Ronny Halbert.

Also on Wednesday, Investigators, Faught, Rollins and Gabbard, along with Langford and Tower were working in Murchison concerning a citizens complaint about narcotics in the community. Officers found a small amount of marijuana growing at a property in Murchison. The investigators spoke with Jonathan Andrew Vaughn who was arrested for possession of under two ounces of marijuana. He posted $3,500 bond and was released.