What to watch

Friday

Diamondbacks at Rockies

The snakes face Colorado in this late afternoon duel. The Rockies are reeling, but they are still way better than the Colorado college football team. 5:10 Fox Sports Arizona

Washington State at ASU (volleyball)

Can the Sun Devils recover from the 3-1 thrashing they received from the UA? 6 p.m. Pac-12 Arizona

Mountain View at Cienega (football)

The Mountain Lions travel to Cienega High School in a clash of 3-1 teams. 10701 East Mary Ann Cleveland Way

Arizona (hockey) at NAU

Take a break from the Tucson heat and check out the Wildcats’ season opener. The forecast for Flagstaff, Ariz. is a high of 77 and a low of 39. 8:30 p.m.

Saturday

United States women (U-17) vs. France (Lankaran, Azerbaijan)

The Yanks open the under-17 soccer World Cup against the French. 3 a.m. ESPN3.com
Oregon State at No. 19 UCLA

In a match up of two of the Pac-12’s surprise teams, the Beavers head to Rose Bowl for only its second game of the year. Arizona hosts OSU next week. 12:30 p.m. ABC/ESPN2

Cal at No. 13 USC

In another NorCal/SoCal battle, the Trojans look to rebound after their loss to Stanford last week. 3 p.m. Pac-12 National.

No. 18 Michigan at No. 11 Notre Dame

So Wolverines head coach Brady Hoke isn’t doing quite as well with Rich Rod’s players as people thought he would, although they are still likely the class of the depleted Big Ten. 4:30 p.m. NBC

No. 5 Washington at Arizona (volleyball)

UA moved the match to 5 p.m. after the time of the football game was announced so you can watch both. How convenient. McKale Center
No. 15 Kansas State at No. 6 Oklahoma

If you’re suffering from Stoops withdrawal, here’s a double dose: former UA coach Mike Stoops leads the defense and Bob Stoops is the head coach. 4:50 p.m. Fox

No. 22 Arizona (football) at No. 3 Oregon

If you’re into such things, the Wildcats are a 23.5 point underdog. They should have trouble in Eugene, but that much? It could be easy money. 7:30 p.m. ESPN

Sunday

Manchester United at Liverpool

The Red Devils head to Anfield to take on Liverpool in this bout of English soccer heavyweights. 5:30 a.m. Fox Soccer Channel

Bengals at Redskins

Robert Griffin III is taking the league by storm in his rookie season. A must-see. 10 a.m. CBS

Eagles at Cardinals

Undefeated teams meet for the battle of the birds in Glendale, Ariz. 1:05 p.m. FOX

Patriots at Ravens

Despite a touchdown and six catches last week, former Wildcat Rob Gronkowski had an un-Gronk like day, dropping some passes and getting called for an untimely penalty by the scabs. Will he rebound? 5:20 p.m. NBC