Starbucks adds larger cup

Starbucks recently unveiled its newest creation, the “”trenta,”” meaning “”30″” in Italian. However Starbucks’ version of trenta is actually 31 fluid ounces of an iced beverage.

According to an employee at Paradise Café & Bakery, Megan Yeattes, Starbucks’ latest offering “”is completely unnecessary.””

The 31-ounce concoction is reserved for iced teas and iced coffees and was released on Tuesday.

Megan Summers, a sophomore photography major, said she would consider drinking it, “”depending on how much they charge for it.””

“”It is a heart attack in a cup,”” said Casey Willingham, a classics senior, who was sitting in Starbucks when she was asked about the trenta. “”I don’t think I can drink that much.””

A couple sitting outside of the Student Union Memorial Center, Rebecca Reed and Carl Miller, said that the new drink sounds like overkill.

“”Starbucks is contributing to obesity in America,”” said Miller, a history and psychology senior,  

Some students also expressed reservation about the potential caffeine content of such a beverage.

“”I don’t know if I’m ready to get that wired,”” said Greg Obregon, a math major.

Yeattes said that black coffee is good for you, however, with all the sugar they put in Starbucks drinks, the trenta will only make you “”30 ounces fatter than you are now.””

The Starbucks in the student union declined to comment on the matter.