Quick Hits

Sundown at the Pass coed run registration still open

Registration is still open for the Sundown at the Pass coed five-mile run/walk and the one-mile fun run/walk.
    Sundown at the Pass goes through Gates Pass on March 4 at 5 p.m.
    Proceeds from the event benefit the Roy P. Drachman Prevention Fund for Children and the Mel and Enid Zuckerman College of Public Health.
    There will be dinner, dancing and entertainment for participants at the finish line at Old Tucson Studios.
    The Prevention Fund for Children was established in 1988 to honor the late Roy P. Drachman, a well-known Tucson altruist who was instrumental in establishing the College of Medicine and Public Health at the UA. The fund helps children and youth by providing mentoring and promoting healthy behaviors, nutrition and physical activity.
    For more information about the run/walk call 626-2948 or visit www.publichealth.arizona.edu/sundown or www.active.com.

Evolution lecture series begins tonight

The UA College of Science launches a new initiative to have themed semesters tonight. This semester, the theme is evolution.
    The lecture series “”Evolution: A Series of Seven Lectures Exploring our World and Ourselves,”” features UA researchers from a variety of scientific disciplines who will discuss the processes that create the current state of the universe and the Earth.
    The first lecture, which is free and open to the public, will be tonight at 7 in the Center for Creative Photography Auditorium.
    For more information contact Joaquin Ruiz, 621-4090 or jruiz@geo.arizona.edu, or Richard Michod, 621-7509 or michod@u.arizona.ed.