What will the football team be this Halloween?

Editor’s Note: Without a game this weekend, the Arizona football team and coaching staff gets to sit back, relax, watch some football on TV and actually celebrate Halloween. The Arizona Daily Wildcat caught up with some of the teams’ most creative characters to check in on what they and their teammates are dressing up as this year.

Cam Nelson, senior safety — My roommate (senior safety) Anthony Wilcox, he said that I like to dress like a golfer so me and him thought about being Will and Carlton in Fresh Prince. I was going to be Carlton. Sterling (Lewis, linebacker) wanted us to be a Sesame Street gang. He wants to be Oscar the Grouch and me and (Wilcox) are Bert and Ernie and Herman Hall (offensive lineman) would be Big Bird and Trevin (Wade, cornerback) would be the Cookie Monster or something like that. Trevin just pitched the idea that we should be the Jackson 5, but I don’t want to spend too much money on a costume so it’s kind of up in the air right now. I think I’d be Michael.

Sterling Lewis, senior linebacker — Oh man, I’ve got a couple of ideas. Me and some of my friends are going to be either the Jackson 5 or Sesame Street, just something fun because it’s going to be Halloween. I’ll probably be Tito. Tito doesn’t get any love, so I’ll be Tito.

Mike Stoops, head coach — We’ll trick-or-treat with the kids, kind of watch the Oregon and USC game and just kind of enjoy the day off and try and relax. I’m going to be an official (he said with a grin).

Mark Stoops, defensive coordinator — (His son William) wants to be a super hero. We’re not sure, he just wants to be a super hero. He was Peter Pan once already, but Saturday I think he’s going to be Batman.

Terrell Turner, senior wide receiver — Last year I just got out of the shower, so I had a little bathroom robe and I threw some baby powder on my knees, I was walking around a little ashy. But this year, I think I’m going to just hit up the costume store and see what I can get, I don’t really know yet. No ideas right now. I ain’t got much of nothing right now.

Ricky Elmore, junior defensive end — No idea, but I’m going to make something up right now — (pauses to think) — I’m going to be (Arizona Athletics Assistant Media Relations Director) Blair Willis.

Delashaun Dean, junior wide receiver — I really don’t know yet, I’m still thinking about it. I kind of wanted to be a polo jockey, like a horse jockey. I wear a lot of Polo clothes.

David Douglas, sophomore wide receiver — To be honest, I haven’t even decided yet. It’s going to be something creative though. Nick Foles is being Shaggy (from Scooby Doo) because, you know, he kinda looks like him. And we have a little dog that looks like Scooby Doo so he’s going to take him out.