Q&A: Talking with Trevin Wade and Rob Golden

Gordon Bates
Gordon Bates / Arizona Daily Wildcat

Trevin Wade:

On who he’d take with the No. 1 pick: “I’d take my man Robert Griffin. I don’t know who’s better but I just would take Robert because he would be a better style for my offense.”

On the toughest receiver he’s ever faced: “Austin Collie from BYU. You have receivers whose strong points are that they’re tall or they’re big but he’s a great route runner and I think he’s the best.”

On if he keeps up with UA football: “I talk to a few guys every now and then just to see how they’re doing but that’s about it, every now and then. I’ve talked to coach Ryan Walters probably four times this week and I’ve also talked to strength coach Corey Edmond this week too.”

On Robert Golden: “I’ve been talking to him and he’s doing well. He’s doing really well. I think he’s in a good position. He’s got to do real well at pro day and I’m sure they’ll watch his film and he’ll be fine.”

Robert Golden:

On who he’d take with the first pick in the draft: “Man, I’d pick myself (laughs). No, I think I’d take (Robert) Griffin over Andrew Luck.”

On who he thinks he plays like: “I play like (Charles) Woodson a little bit. I’m not saying my game is just like his but I feel like the way he’s able to play the cornerback position and then come up and make the sure tackles and also play the nickelback position and come up in the box, I feel like we share some of the same tactics.”

On his current 40-time: “I’ve been working a lot on my 40. Everybody wants to know, ‘What’s his 40 going to be?’ I ran a 4.6 electronic time two weeks ago so I felt pretty good about that.”
On keeping in contact with Trevin Wade: “We’ve been texting every two weeks or so. We keep in contact. I wished him good luck and everything before the combine. Hopefully everything works out for him as well.”

On training with Juron Criner in Dallas: “Me and Juron were always cool, always said what’s up to each other but we never hung out. We kind of got closer as friends. It kind of brought us closer, but we’re all still doing our own thing. We’re here for one reason and that’s to get better on and off the field.”

On if he keeps up with UA football: “About two weeks ago I talked to coach (Tim) Kish. I was able to talk to those guys and just congratulate those guys. It’s a huge program that they were able to add themselves to and I know that they’re going to be able to bring great things to that team. Hopefully they’ll be competing against U of A in a national championship one year.”