Pac-10 Power Rankings

No. 4 Oregon Ducks  (4-0, 1-0 Pacific 10 Conference)

GameDay is coming to Eugene, Ore., this weekend for the top-10 showdown between No. 4 Oregon and No. 9 Stanford. Despite having almost 200 fewer yards than the Sun Devils last Saturday, the Ducks managed to walk out of Tempe undefeated, thanks to seven ASU turnovers. Don’t expect the Ducks to be so lucky if they don’t come to play against a hungry Stanford team.

No. 9 Stanford Cardinal (4-0, 1-0)

The Cardinal now has two impressive non-conference wins on the road to squeak by Arizona in this week’s power rankings. The showdown with Oregon will be for an early-season Pac-10 supremacy and will set up the winner as the Rose Bowl favorite.

No. 14 Arizona Wildcats (4-0, 1-0)

Did anyone think the game against the Golden Bears would be so close and low-scoring? You’re lying if you say you did. Quarterback Nick Foles again proved that he’s got what it takes to pull off some late-game heroics. With a bye this week, both players and fans have a chance to calm their heart rates after two weeks of drama.

No. 18 Southern California Trojans (4-0, 1-0)

USC has managed to navigate to a 4-0 start along with four other teams but clearly has been the least dominant in its wins. A win against Washington at home this weekend could vault the Trojans back to the top of the conference and help define if the Trojans can regain supremacy in the Pac-10.

UCLA Bruins (2-2, 0-1)

UCLA got off to a rough start this season, but apparently playing Texas is easy for the Bruins. They marched into Austin, Texas, and handed the Longhorns their first loss of the season and, in the process, gained back some respect around the conference. UCLA’s defense continued to impress, and Bruins fans can now welcome the offense to the party — maybe just in time to save the season for UCLA.

ASU Sun Devils (2-2, 0-1)

Tough luck followed the Sun Devils back to Tempe after losing 20-19 at Wisconsin in week three. The fact that ASU was even in the game after seven turnovers shows credit to its defense, clearly the strength of the Sun Devils in 2010. The offense is on the rise, making ASU a scary opponent. With ASU traveling to a struggling Oregon State, we’ll see who can get its season back on track this week.

California Golden Bears (2-2, 0-1)

Much like the Sun Devils, Cal couldn’t hold on at the end against Arizona this week.

The Bears have some serious talent on offense, but they need to figure out a way to play a complete game. Getting that first conference win will depend on how quickly Cal gets over back-to-back heart breakers during its bye week.

Oregon State Beavers (1-2, 0-0)

Oregon State’s strength of schedule has clearly had an impact on the way this team looks right now. Wins against Top-6 Texas Christain University and Boise State would have been huge, but it seems the Beavers have gotten lost along the way to its Pac-10 opener against ASU.

Washington Huskies (1-2, 0-0)

There’s no way anyone in Seattle can be happy with the way the season has started for Washington. If there’s any hope to get the season back on track, the Huskies need to show that they’re the team that garnered all the pre-season hype at USC this weekend.

Washington State Cougars (1-3, 0-1)

Washington State has secured at least a one-win season, but it’s still looking for a conference win in 2010. Cougar fans shouldn’t hold their breath though.