Police Beat

Two men attempted to rob a pair of female students at gunpoint in front of the Chi Omega sorority house, 1420 E. First St., at 2:45 a.m. Monday.

The students, both members of the Arizona women’s club lacrosse team, had parked in front of the sorority house upon returning from a tournament in Calif.

Both students exited the car and the driver went to the trunk. After she opened it, a man came up from behind her, put a hand over her mouth, slipped an arm around her waist and pushed her to the ground.

At about the same time, a second man came up to the passenger and pointed a shotgun toward her face from about three feet away.

Both men asked the students for money. They said it was inside the car, and the man who pushed the driver to the ground got in the vehicle and drove away.

The second man slowly backed away toward a black sport-utility vehicle. He got in and drove away after the first man.

Police found the student’s car unoccupied near the intersection of North Mountain Avenue and East Hampton Street. The two men have yet to be found.

A man was served with an exclusionary order after harassing two female students in Park Avenue Garage, 1140 N. Park Ave., at 12:46 p.m. Monday.

The students said they were parked on the first level of the garage when they saw the man come out from a nearby stairwell and approach the vehicle.

He began tapping on a window with his cell phone, he then started walking circles around the car.

Finally, he approached a window behind which one of the students sat. He then yelled out, “”Two-girls-on-one-guy action – how do you feel about that? Get out of the car!”” according to reports.

The man then walked behind the car and sat down so the students couldn’t leave. The students yelled at him to leave, or else they would call the police.

Shortly thereafter, the man got up and walked to 7-Eleven, 1750 E. Speedway Blvd., where an officer encountered him.

The man said he had gone up to the car because he thought it was his. He said he had sat down behind the vehicle because he believed one of the students inside was his wife.

He denied making any sexual advances toward the students.

The man appeared to be intoxicated and claimed to be on medication for depression, a sleep disorder and stress. He became belligerent during the conversation, saying the officer was taking the students’ word over his own.

After receiving the order, the man was observed entering his home.

A female student contacted the University of Arizona Police Department to report that explicit photographs of her had been posted on a Web site.

An officer contacted the student at 10:18 a.m. Monday. She said the site was operated by her ex-boyfriend, who lives in Los Angeles, and that she wanted it shut down.

She also wanted to press charges for the pictures being posted.

The officer contacted an officer with the Los Angeles Police Department’s pornography unit. The UAPD officer then told the student to contact the LAPD officer.

The UAPD officer also provided the student contact information for the site’s service provider, so that she could file a complaint.

A man backed into a UA service truck near the intersection of Warren and Cherry Avenues around 8 a.m. Monday.

The man was backing out of a parking space when he hit the truck. He said he could not see it because a large trailer adjacent to the space obstructed his view.

The truck’s driver said the trailer obscured his view of the man’s car. He added that once he finally saw the car, he put the car in reverse and honked his horn.

The truck suffered damage to the right side of the front bumper.

The man was cited for unsafe backing.