Arizona Board of Regents announces presidential search committee to help find Hart’s successor

Tom Price

The Arizona Board of Regents announced the members of the presidential search committee responsible for finding President Ann Weaver Hart’s replacement when her contract expires in June 2018. 

On Friday, the regents announced R. William Funk and Associates as the search firm they will use to find Hart’s successor. Today’s announcement listed 27 members including two student voices: Vianney Careaga, current UA student regent, and Sarah Netherton, former president of the UA Graduate and Professional Student Council.

Other members of the committee include Greg Byrne, vice president and director of UA athletics, Eileen Klein, president of the board of regents, and Kendal Washington White, the dean of students and assistant vice president of student affairs. 

Regent Bill Ridenour, the chair of the search committee, said the purpose of the committee is to find the best individual for the presidency and someone who can play to the university’s strengths. 

Ridenour estimates that the search process should take around six months.         

RELATED: Hart: ‘Sometimes it’s time to move on

Read the Regents press release on the committee here.