They Said It

Head coach Mike Stoops
    “”You always want to go into a bowl game with momentum. I think we helped our accomplish that (Saturday night). (The win over ASU) was about us, Arizona, moving forward as a football team and a program. It wasn’t about Arizona State.””

Arizona athletic directorJim Livengood
    “”(At halftime) I was really thinking we were going to be fine. We had two kicking errors in terms of the punt and the kickoff return that turned into 10 points, so we were fine. Our kids are well-coached, we had a great game plan, we executed and we knew we still had 30 minutes. I have been doing this way too long to panic. Way too long.””

Offensive coordinator Sonny Dykes
    “”It was certainly one of the best wins since I have been here. What I liked about tonight’s game was we played so bad the first half and for our guys to hang in and believe and come out in the second half and execute a lot better, I think was really important for us.””

Defensive coordinator Mark Stoops
    “”All I said was I wanted to win this game and we will go anywhere and do anything, so I am not complaining one bit. We love Vegas and it is going to be a great situation. It is all great. It cuts into a little recruiting and all that, but you know what, winning helps recruiting.””

Senior wide receiver Mike Thomas
    “”That’s gonna stick with us forever. Me and Willie, we’re up there in the record books. That’s a good thing to have (on) your plate. … We can always come back and people will know us. It’s a great feeling, man.””

Senior quarterback Willie Tuitama
    “”I thought the offensive line has always done a good job of giving me time to throw the ball. My records are their records.””

Former cornerback Antoine Cason
    “”(The win) helps a lot and that’s what we need. They need to go finish this season out right, with a bowl game win, and I’m excited for them.””