Date Book

? “”The Day My God Died”” film and discussion. This documentary is about young girls who are sold into the Bombay sex trade. 6:30 p.m. Gallagher Theater

? Steward Observatory public evening lecture. Jeffrey Bennett of the University of Colorado will speak about extraterrestrial life in his lecture “”Beyond UFOs: The Search for Extraterrestrial Life and Its Astonishing Implications for Our Future.”” 7:30-8:30 p.m. Steward Observatory, Room N210

? Arizona Archaeological and Historical Society lecture series. Ruth Van Dyke, an associate professor of archaeology at Colorado College, will talk about “”At the Still Point of the Turning World: Chaco and Its Outliers.”” 7:30-9 p.m. University Medical Center, DuVal Auditorium

? Ward Connerly initiative debate. This debate will be concerning the “”Arizona Civil Rights Initiative,”” which would prohibit preferences of discrimination in education, public employment and contracting. Noon to 2 p.m. Student Union Memorial Center, Gallagher Theater

? Dr. Eaton on Iran. Professor Richard Eaton will discuss creating a grand bargain with Iran that will help end the Iraq war. 7-9 p.m. Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering building, Room S202