ASUA to hear Pride Alliance

The Associated Students of the University of Arizona will listen Wednesday to informational presentations on ASUA Pride Alliance and Safe Ride.

“”Those two groups will present to the senate what they have done this semester,”” said Administrative Vice President Emily Fritze.

The senate will also review old business as well as the consent agenda.

Administrative Vice President-elect Brett Ponton will also present bylaw changes, Fritze said.

Ponton was originally scheduled to speak at last week’s meeting.

Sen. Tyler Quillin said he would talk about the Peer Mentorship program conference, which took place on Saturday.

“”The information was solid; I was happy that we did it,”” Quillin said.

The Peer Mentorship conference, which provided high school students information on the college application process, also included presentations on everything from admissions requirements to ZonaZoo, financial aid and credit. The participants were also given a tour of the university.

“”We did a major exploration workshop presentation as well,”” Quillin said. “”We will definitely do it again next year, hopefully in the fall.””

Quillin also plans on requesting a senate funds reallocation. The Peer Mentorship program was given $300 for the conference, and Quillin would like to reallocate the funds.

“”We spent maybe $20 total, so we are looking to reallocate that,”” Quillin said.

Quillin would like $100 of the funds to go towards an end of the year event for the 16 mentors, all of which are unpaid volunteers.

“”It would be a fun way to thank them for their dedication. Through this program, you get the experience of working with ASUA and helping other people,”” Quillin said.

This will be the second to last meeting for the senate.

There will be a meeting on May 5 solely run by the new senate elects.