Quick Hits

Organ donor information session today in SUMC

Ever thought about registering as an organ and tissue donor?

Students for Organ Donation at the UA will hold an informational meeting today from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. in the Picacho Room of the Student Union Memorial Center.

Go to learn more about post-mortem organ and tissue donation and discover how to get involved promoting donation and donor registration as part of this student organization.

Learn more at www.uaod.org or e-mail biebs@email.arizona.edu.

Asian American leadership conference on campus

The Asian American Student Coalition is hosting its third annual Leadership Conference for Asian Pacific-Americans on Saturday and Sunday.

The two-day event will allow participants to engage in dialogue with UA faculty, community professionals and fellow students.

The evening keynote speaker is Helen Zia, an Asian and Pacific-American advocate, activist and author.

The conference is free but the Saturday dinner costs $15 for students who sign-up before and $20 on Saturday.

The event will be in the Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering building, Room 202. To register, e-mail ngocp@email.arizona.edu, call 991-1429 or visit http://clubs.arizona.edu/~aasc.

Spots still available for City Council member visit

Five students have the opportunity to have lunch and talk politics with City Council member Nina Trasoff tomorrow from 11 a.m. to noon in the Associated Students of the University Arizona conference room.

Students will be able to hear Trasoff speak about her position and field questions to the newly-elected Democratic city leader.

Interested students can e-mail ASUA Sen. Matthew Boepple at boepple@email.arizona.edu.