Date Book

Campus Events

• Writing workshop. Victoria Stefani of the Writing Skills Improvement Program discusses “”Step-by-Step Through Your Master’s Thesis or Dissertation.”” 4 p.m. Free. Modern Languages building, Room 410
  • Lecture. Sheila Blair of Boston College and Virginia Commonwealth University discusses “”Transcribing God’s Word Qur’an Codices in Context.”” 5:30 p.m. Free. Integrated Learning Center, Room 130
  • Justice for All. Students for Bio-Ethical Equality hold an exhibit. 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Free. UA Mall
  • The Violent Reality Between Empathy and Indifference. An exhibit featuring paintings by Marilyn Volkman. All day. Free. Student Union Memorial Center, Kachina Gallery
  • Interrupted Life: Incarcerated Mothers in the United States. A multimedia exhibition that addresses the facts and experiences of incarceration in the United States. 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Free. SUMC, Union Gallery
  • Hillel. Hillel will have a table on the mall. Get info and more. 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Free. UA Mall
  • Entertainment

• UApresents – The Chieftains. Enjoy the spirit and soul of Ireland. The Chieftains are considered the foremost ensemble in Celtic music. 7:30 p.m. $10-$59. Centennial Hall
  • KAMP Student Radio. Listen to music during your lunch break. A KAMP DJ will be playing music on the mall. Noon. Free. UA Mall
  • Big screen basketball. The Arizona vs. Arizona State men’s basketball game will be shown on the big screen for free. 7:30 p.m. Free. Park Student Union, Food Court
  • Poker. Show your poker face at this No Limit Texas Hold ’em event. Live music, prizes. 6 p.m. $5. SUMC, Games Room