Fast Facts

Benjamin Franklin was the only person to sign the four key documents that created America: the Declaration of Independence, the Treaty of Alliance with France, the 1783 Treaty of Paris with Great Britain, and the Constitution of the United States.

Mother Teresa was named one of the “”100 Most Important People of the 20th Century”” by Time Magazine.

It was illegal for artists to study anatomy in Michelangelo’s time. The Church prohibited the study of cadavers, but the sculptor, painter, and architect secretly arranged to do so in exchange for a piece of sculpture.

By the time George Washington became president, he had only one of his own teeth left. But he had several sets of false ones made from cow’s teeth, hippopotamus ivory and even human teeth.

The Everglades National Park in Florida is the only place in the world where alligators and crocodiles exist side by side.

Prior to becoming a Hollywood star, Brad Pitt donned a chicken suit and appeared in promotions for the El Pollo Loco restaurant chain.

Before finding fame as a comic actress, Whoopi Goldberg was a desairologist, one who applies makeup to corpses for funerals.

Caffeine is on the International Olympic Committee’s list of banned substances. A half dozen cups of coffee might be enough to bar an athlete from competition.

While some are close, no land animal would probably get a ticket on an open Interstate highway. The fastest is the cheetah, clocking in at about 65 mph.

The first paved road in the U.S. was in Detroit’s Woodward Avenue, designated as State Highway 1.

The world’s worst driver is a toss up between a 70-year-old man (who got 10 traffic tickets, drove on the wrong side of the road four times, committed four hit-and-run offenses and caused six accidents – all within 10 minutes in October 1966) and a 60-year-old woman who failed her driving test 40 times before passing it in August 1970.