Jennings named co-MVP of Jordan game

Arizona signee Brandon Jennings earned co-MVP honors of the 2008 Jordan Brand Classic in Madison Square Garden on Saturday night in New York City. Jennings finished with 10 points and 14 assists to lead the Blue Jerseys to a 124-114 win over the White Jerseys.

Jennings’ 14 assists broke the event record previously held by current Villanova guard Corey Fisher, who tallied 10 assists last year, according to a
    press release.

Jennings shared the MVP honor with Memphis-bound guard Tyreke Evans, who had 23 points, seven rebounds and four dimes.

Scotty Hopson, a Tennessee commit, and future USC guard Demar DeRozan – who played with Jennings in last year’s Arizona Cactus Classic in McKale Center – scored 21 and 17 points, respectively, for the Blue Jerseys.

UA freshman Jerryd Bayless played in the Jordan Brand Classic last year and scored 17 points on 5-for-8 shooting, to go with two assists, three boards and
    a steal.

“”Year after year, the Jordan Brand selects the best in high-school basketball to perform at the world’s most famous arena, Madison Square Garden,”” said Jordan Brand president, Garry Cook, in the release. “”We look forward to watching these young, gifted athletes in the years to come.””

– Arizona Daily Wildcat