Women’s golf tied for 5th place before final day

The No. 13 Arizona women’s golf team shot a 307 (23-over-par) in the second round of the Northrop Grumman Regional Challenge yesterday, putting it in a tie for fifth place with Texas A&M.

The Wildcats entered yesterday’s round in Palos Verdes Estates, Calif., only four shots behind tournament leader Pepperdine, but finished the day 14 shots behind the No. 10 Waves.

Sophomore Adriana Zwanck fired a 76 (5-over-par) and finds herself tied for second place in the individual competition. Through two rounds, Zwanck has shot a 146 (5-over-par), and she is four shots behind Pepperdine’s Jayvie Agojo.

Junior Alison Walshe shot a second-round 76 (5-over-par) and is currently tied for 10th place with a two-day total of 149 (7-over-par). She is looking to earn her fourth top-10 finish this year.

Junior Mary Jacobs shot a team low 74 (3-over-par) yesterday and is tied for 18th place after two rounds. Jacobs is on pace to finish in the top 20 for the fourth time this season.

Freshman Emily Mason shot 10-over-par and senior Rachel Gavin shot 21-over-par, but her score didn’t count because each team takes the top four finishers for each day.

While the Wildcats are 14 shots out of first place, they trail third-place Florida by only five strokes.

The tournament concludes tomorrow with tee times scheduled for 7 a.m.