Soccer falls to Florida State in NCAA Tournament to bring season to an end

Addison Shinn
The Arizona soccer team huddles together before their game against Washington on Oct. 26.

And just like that, in the span of 90 minutes the Arizona women’s soccer season comes to an end after falling 2-nil to Florida State in the second round of the NCAA Tournament on Friday in Palo Alto, Cali.

The Seminoles Deyna Castellanos was too much for the ‘Cats to handle as she scored the only two goals of the evening. Castellanos, who is also apart of the Venezuela National team has tallied 13 goals for FSU this season. 

After knocking off Texas Christian University 2-1 at Mulcahy Stadium last week the ‘Cats were unable to get past No. 4 FSU and advance to the Sweet 16. Arizona’s season has been a memorable one to say the least. 

The ‘Cats finished the 2016-2017 season (11-5-4) made school history by winning a total of seven Pac-12 conference games (7-2-2) and overall have qualified for the tournament in three out of the last four years. Head coach Tony Amato and his staff have completely turned the program around and have a lot to look forward to in the future. 

The Wildcats will have a lot of young talent returning in 2018 who they will be able to build the program around such as Morgan McGarry, Jill Aguilera, Sabrina Enciso and Jada Talley.  As for seniors Cali Crisler, Gabi Stoian, Charlotte Brascia, Brandi Park and Jackie Bollinger this is their final go around putting on a Arizona jersey.

Follow Alex Munoz on Twitter