It’s official: Judkins to transfer

UA men’s basketball player Garland Judkins will transfer to the University of Texas-San Antonio, the Arizona Athletic Department announced Thursday afternoon.

Judkins, a 6-foot-3, 200-pound sophomore guard from Humble, Texas, averaged 1.2 points, 0.7 rebounds and 0.3 assists per game in six appearances (no starts) this season. He averaged 4.3 minutes per game.

“”Garland has decided to transfer to the University of Texas-San Antonio,”” said Arizona head coach Sean Miller in the statement. “”He has dealt with two deaths in his family in the last six months, and in his most recent trip home it became apparent to him that moving closer to his family was important. We wish him well in the future both on the court and in the classroom.””

Judkins started his career at Arizona with four starts under then-interim head coach Russ Pennell. The guard, however, only played 18 total games as a freshman, as Pennell suspended him for the last half of the season for disciplinary reasons.

Pennell referred to Judkins—who had the highest vertical leap on the team last season—as a Ferrari in Hong Kong traffic.

Judkins became the fourth Wildcat to transfer since Lute Olson took his initial leave of absence in 2007, following Laval Lucas-Perry, Jeff Withey and Zane Johnson.