Police Beat: Sept 3

Daddy’s little girl

A man and woman were stopped by the University of Arizona Police Department in the traffic circle on Mountain Avenue on Wednesday, after officers noticed the woman was having trouble walking normally. The woman was swaying two to four inches in every direction.

The woman identified herself to UAPD with a driver’s license. She had bloodshot eyes and officers detected a strong odor of intoxicants.  

The woman admitted to drinking two or three shots of vodka. She was unsure who provided the alcohol or where it was consumed, and she said it was not on the UA campus. The officers arrested the woman on charges of a minor in possession.

UAPD contacted the woman’s father prior to her signing the citation. He was notified of his daughter’s arrest and said he would allow her to be released to the man she was accompanied by at the time the officers had arrived.

The woman was cited and released without incident.

Hunger pangs, financial woes

A UA student went to a Circle K near the UA’s campus around 1:30 a.m. to buy a few things on Wednesday. The man stated that he walked back to his dorm and went back to bed. In the morning, he realized he no longer had his wallet.

The man was advised to cancel all of his cards and follow-up with UAPD in a few days to see if anyone had turned in his property.

Pissing the night away

UAPD officers spotted a man standing in front of a small bush, hands near his crotch, as if he was urinating into it at around midnight on Wednesday. An officer asked the man what he was doing and the man replied “”pissing in the bush,”” and that “”it was a stupid mistake.””

The man said he was aware it was against the law. The man stated that some of his friends were waiting for him in a cab nearby. UAPD officers could smell alcohol on his breath.

When officers approached the cab, it reeked of alcohol. They asked two of the passengers, who were both underage, if they had been drinking, since both smelled of alcohol. Both claimed that they had not been drinking. A preliminary breath test showed that both were positive for alcohol.

All three men were cited for minor in possession. A notification was sent to the Dean of Students Office. The man who was urinating into the bush was cited for criminal littering.

Always somebody out there who’s worse

Three women were being dropped off by a taxicab when a UAPD officer noticed that one of them was not walking very well. The officer approached the woman and noticed a strong odor of intoxicants that was coming from her mouth. She was swaying six inches from where she was standing.

The woman became upset with the officer because he stopped her and not some others whom she claimed were drunker than she was. The woman admitted to drinking, but not very much.

She was cited for a minor in possession and released.