Date Book

EVENTS/LECTURES

Graduate conference. The atmospheric sciences department and the Institute of Atmospheric Physics proudly present the eighth annual GRATIS Conference., featuring graduate students’ research in the areas of physical meteorology, air/sea interactions, synoptic and dynamic meteorology, convection, remote sensing, atmospheric electricity, radiation, climate, atmospheric, chemistry, and planetary atmospheres. 8 a.m. Environment and Natural Resources building, Room 253

Math lecture. “”A Better Mousetrap?””, by Andy Linfoot of the Program in Applied Mathematics. 12:30 p.m. Mathematics building, Room 402

Speaker Series. “”Platform-Based Behavior-Level and System-Level Synthesis,”” by Dr. Jason Cong from the University of California-Los Angeles. 1:30 p.m. Student Union Memorial Center, Kiva Room

History lecture. “”An Archaeological Survey of the Onavas Valley, Sonora, Mexico: A Landscape of Interactions During the Late Prehispanic Period,”” by Emiliano Gallaga Murrieta. 2 p.m. Anthropology building, Room 216

Entomology seminar. “”The Dark Side of Mutualism: The Manduca-Datura Interaction,”” by professor Judie Bronstein of the Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology. 4 p.m. Marley building, Room 230

ENTERTAINMENT

Music. “”Groovin’ on the grass.”” Noon. UA Mall

Games. “”Don’t break your bank Thursdays.”” Bring in your Gallagher Theater ticket stub for that day and get 25 percent off a pool, table tennis, poker or chess rental. 6 p.m. Student Union Memorial Center, Games Room

Poker tournament. 6 p.m. Park Student Union, Coati Room. $5

Movie. “”The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe.”” 7 p.m. and 10 p.m. Gallagher Theater. $3