Calendar: Tucson and Campus

Local band Beta Sweat will heat up (ha) Club Congress Friday night at 9 p.m. with Pork Torta and Wine Lord. This is an all ages show.

Wednesday

“”Generations: A Mother and Daughter Exhibit”” – These two women deserve a lot of respect. Not only do they have enough stamina to actually cooperate in a public setting, they’re painting landscapes and still lifes at the same time. 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. Free. ABA Gallery. 4703 E. Camp Lowell Rd.

Thursday

“”King Kong”” – Despite not having Jack Black, the original “”King Kong”” movie was still pretty good. You just know you want to see it on the big screen, as well as meet Fay Wray’s stepdaughter in person. She’s probably seen her naked! 7:30 p.m. $10 or $25 for a loveseat for two. The Fox Theatre, 17 W. Congress St.

Friday

Pork, Wine and Sweat – This event may seem like a DoubleTree banquet, but unbeknownst to most there’s actually no food. The music extravaganza at Club Congress will feature Tucson’s own The Beta Sweat Band, Pork Torta and Winelord. 9 p.m. $4. Club Congress, 311 E. Congress St. (21+)

Saturday

Hoedown At The Hut – Desert Rock Festival – If you love Americana music and good ol’ cow pushing, manhandlin’ and non-homoerotic manifestations of brotherly love, this event may be for you. It features 10 bands on two stages, all playing country and desert rock music. 3 p.m. to 2 a.m. $5. The Hut, 305 N. Fourth Ave.

Sunday

“”The Unbendables – Super Hero Team A”” – Have you ever wondered what would happen if the super hero rescuing you from an emergency failed and left you in the cold? Neither have I, but apparently the people that wrote this musical did. The answer is to become your own superhero, and that’s what happens in the play. 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. $6 to $8. Live Theatre Workshop, 5317 E. Speedway Blvd.

Monday

Camera Obscura – This indie pop band is coming all the way from Glasgow to see you, so you better get off your ass and drive down to Plush. That is, of course, if you’re 21 or have an older friend that looks like you. 9:45 p.m. $8. Plush, 340 E. Sixth St.

Tuesday

Free Wine Tasting – A college student’s dream: free alcohol and lots of it. And you don’t even have to go home with somebody afterwards! Hacienda del Sol is having a free wine tasting, where you can learn more about the art of creating alcohol and, even better, the art of getting drizzunk. 5:30 – 7 p.m. Free. Hacienda del Sol, 5601 N. Hacienda del Sol Rd. (21+)