Arizona hockey takes on ASU at home

Ana Beltran
Cully Olsen (#14) and Dawson Marshall (#10) getting ready to take on ASU. The night resulted with the wildcats winning the Cactus Cup against ASU with a score of 4-0.

No. 5 Arizona hockey will play host to their in-state rival, the No. 15 ASU Sun Devils, this weekend for a two-night duel on the ice. Each game starts at 7:30 p.m., with the opener this Friday and a second game on Saturday night.

The Wildcats are 9-2 at home after coming off a home sweep of University of Nevada Las Vegas. Arizona beat the Rebels 4-1 on Saturday, Nov. 23, behind a strong offensive effort in the third period, led by a go-ahead goal from No. 32 Duke Litwin. 

The Sun Devils recently hosted Utah at home, splitting the series by beating the Utes in the second game of the series by a score of 5-2. The Sun Devils lost to the Utes on Friday, Nov. 22, by a final score of 4-2. With their win on Saturday, the Sun Devils improved their home record to 7-3.

The last time the Sun Devils were on the road was against Missouri State, where they split the series by winning the first game with a final score of 5-4, which improved their road record to 2-4.

Follow Jon Rice on Twitter