Police Beat

A student was arrested at Coronado Residence Hall, 822 E. Fifth St., on felony drug charges at 2:27 a.m. March 29.

A resident assistant was walking through the hallway and noticed an odor of marijuana coming down the hall.

The RA saw a man carrying a black case and wearing a stethoscope around his neck enter a room and heard him say “”nice smell”” as he entered the room.

According to reports, there had been previous incidents in the same room, when the student had refused to answer the door. The officer approached the door and noticed a strong odor of marijuana and could hear two males speaking.

The officer knocked on the door. The man with the stethoscope around his neck opened the door and the marijuana odor grew stronger, according to the officer.

The resident of the room, along with the man with the stethoscope, were both asked to vacate the room so it could be searched.

Neither male exhibited signs or symptoms of marijuana use, according to the officer. The resident of the room refused the search so the officer obtained a search warrant.

Upon a search of the room, police found two small plastic bins of suspected marijuana, a plastic Ziploc bag with “”ounce purps”” (marijuana) written on it, a silver-colored grinder and a vaporizer.

The student said to the officer, “”Not that it means much, but it’s good stuff – it’s organic.””

The student was handcuffed and booked into Pima County Jail on a felony charge of possession of marijuana for sale and a misdemeanor count of possession of drug paraphernalia.

An officer responded to a report of an intoxicated male at 1455 S. Sixth St., at 8:27 p.m. March 27.

Upon arrival, a man directed police to his friend, who was unconscious in a men’s restroom.

Police noticed approximately four piles of vomit on the floor near the student. It appeared the student had also urinated on himself.

The student was unresponsive, his face was purplish-blue, and foam was coming from his mouth. The student was breathing, so the officer preformed a sternum rub, which caused him to moan.

One of the student’s friends told the officer that he received a call from the student around 7:45 p.m., and the student said, “”I’m so smashed.””

The student told his friend his location and the friend went to go check on him. It was then that the friend found the student passed out on the floor of the restroom.

The student was transported to the University Medical Center. When the student woke up, he was charged with minor in possession of alcohol.

A man was arrested for having an outstanding warrant and possession of narcotic paraphernalia at 3:05 a.m. March 28.

A patrolling officer saw a man with a bicycle take the elevator to the top level of the Park Avenue Parking Garage, 1140 N. Park Ave. The officer tried to locate the man to inform him that riding a bicycle was not allowed in the garage.

The officer was unable to locate the man in the garage, but saw him riding westbound on East Helen Street. The officer noticed the man did not have a headlight on his bicycle so the officer stopped him for an equipment violation.

As the officer conducted a records check, he noticed the man had an outstanding warrant so he arrested the man. The officer took inventory of the suspect’s backpack and found a glass pipe with residue from an unknown burnt substance.

Police believed the pipe was used for smoking methamphetamine or cocaine.

The suspect was booked into Pima County Jail and charged with possession of narcotic paraphernalia.

A student’s car was reported damaged inside Cherry Avenue Parking Garage, 1641 E. Enke Drive, by an unknown vehicle sometime between 8:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. March 28.

The student parked her vehicle, a white 2004 four-door Chevy Malibu, on the third level of the garage at 8:30 a.m. Upon her return at 1 p.m., she noticed her rear driver side tail-light was broken and her bumper was scratched.

The student said there were also red paint scrapes on her bumper. The student said she filed the report for insurance purposes.

Police have no suspects or witnesses.

Police Beat is compiled from official University of Arizona Police Department reports. A complete list of UAPD activity can be found at http://www.uapd.arizona.edu