Police Beat: September 30

Can’t hold it

On Sept. 24, a UA student was diverted to the Dean of Students Office for urinating on the third floor hallway of a residence hall.

At approximately 3:40 p.m., a University of Arizona Police Department officer was called to a residence hall in regards to public urination. A resident assistant took the officer to show him where the incident had happened.

A witness said he heard what sounded like someone peeing outside of his room. When he opened the door, he saw a man peeing in the corner of the hall. He didn’t see the man’s penis but he did see the stream of pee hitting the carpet.

The UA student said, “What the fuck are you doing?” The man replied, “The bathrooms are being cleaned and I had to go.” The man then finished and left.

While officers were speaking to the witness, the witness pointed out the man. The man denied peeing in the area and denied being in the dorm at the time of the incident.

He produced a receipt from a bank that stated he had been there at 2:32 and then dropped off a package at the post office. He said he had taken a bike cab back and was nowhere near the residence hall, still wet with urine.

The witness said he was 100 percent sure that the identified man was responsible for the pee.

The man was diverted to the Dean of Students office.

You had a bad day

A UA student and non-UA affiliated man were arrested by UAPD officers on Sept. 21 at about 12:19 a.m. for minor in possession of alcohol in the body. Two UAPD officers were patrolling the campus when they heard a woman crying near one of the residence halls.

They found a man and a woman sitting on a wall in an enclosed area. Officers split up the two to ask why the woman was crying.

The man said he was not a UA student but he was there to talk to his girlfriend about personal issues. She had gotten upset and started to cry.

While the man was talking, the officer noticed his bloodshot, watery eyes, slurred speech and that his breath smelled like alcohol. The UA student admitted she was having a bad day, and while talking to her boyfriend, she broke down crying. She said she thought she had just failed a big test earlier that day.

She admitted to drinking beer in her room earlier that evening. The UA student and the man were cited and released.

A Code of Conduct was sent to the Dean of Students office for the UA student.

Tripping out

Two UA students were cited and released for minor in possession on Sept. 21 at 1:04 a.m. Two UAPD officers were on patrol near a residence hall when they spotted two students, a man and a woman, leaving a cab. The students were holding each other tightly and leaning against one another as they walked to their dorm.

Neither of the students could walk straight. As they tried to walk over the curb, they tripped and almost fell down.

UAPD officers approached the students to question them separately. The man said he had just left a house on Greek Row but couldn’t remember which one. He said he drank a lot of jungle juice.

While he was speaking, the man started vomiting. After he finished, he said he felt better.

When questioned by an officer, the woman said she had a lot of money and was wondering how much the arrest would cost. She then said she was 92 years old but corrected her age to 19, both of which were incorrect.

The Tucson Fire Department was called because of the high level of intoxication of the woman. She was told she was getting a minor in possession but didn’t understand so the officers repeated it to her six times.

After the woman was released by the TFD, she was taken to her room. TFD also took the man up to his room where his roommate promised to take care of him.

Both students received code of conduct violations, which were sent to the Dean of Students office.

– Follow Micah Montiel @MicahMontiel