Police Beat: November 18

What a dick move

A student was pushed inside the lobby of Coronado Residence Hall by a non-UA affiliated person on Nov. 8.

A female student told a University of Arizona Police Department officer that she had been waiting for the elevator, and when the elevator arrived, a second woman exited and gave the student an unprovoked push.

The student said the assailant was visiting her boyfriend and was probably upset because she was having physical relations with the assailant’s boyfriend.

The student said the assailant left Coronado without saying anything to the student. She said she did not know why the assailant was in Coronado, as her boyfriend lives in Arizona-Sonora Residence Hall.

The officer checked the guest book and saw the assailant had not checked in at Coronado.

The officer went to the boyfriend’s room in Arizona-Sonora and found the assailant inside.

The assailant admitted to pushing the student but said it was out of instinct as she ran into the student while exiting the elevator.

When asked why she pushed the student, the assailant replied, “She sucked my boyfriend’s dick.”

The officer informed her that was no reason to push the student but no charges would be pressed.

The assailant also said she had entered Coronado with friends who lived there and was not asked to check in. The officer advised her not to return to Coronado or she might be arrested for trespassing.

In hot purse-uit

A UA student’s vehicle was broken into on Nov. 8.

The student informed a UAPD officer that her purse had been stolen from the vehicle. She said she had parked in the parking lot for the Homecoming football game and returned around four hours later to find her right rear window broken and her brown leather purse missing.

The student said her purse had not been visible because it was under a laptop, but the laptop was not stolen. She said the purse contained approximately $100 in cash, a Coach purse worth approximately $400, a bottle of perfume worth about $100 and several make-up items worth about $150.

The officer found no damage aside from the broken window. The laptop was propped up against the back of the passenger seat, and there were a few smudges around the window frame but no discernible fingerprints.

The officer searched the area for the purse and was unable to find it, and the student was given a case number.