Datebook

LECTURES/EVENTS

• Resume Workshop. Your resume is often the first thing an employer sees when you are applying for a job or internship. This workshop provides excellent information about how to write your professional resume. No sign-up required. 11 a.m. Student Union Memorial Center, Room 411
    • “”The Pseudospectrum”” Lecture. Program in applied mathematics modeling and computation seminar (formerly computational science and engineering seminar). A talk by Rob Indik from the department of mathematics. 12:30 p.m. Mathematics building, Room 402
    • Interview Workshop. How you
    • present yourself in an interview will determine whether you get the job. Learn how to prepare for an interview so you can answer the tough questions with ease. No sign-up required. 2 p.m. SUMC, Room 411

• Seminar. Daniel Weihs, distinguished professor, faculty of aerospace engineering at Technion, Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel, will speak on the hydrodynamics of dolphin swimming and drafting. 4 p.m. Aerospace Mechanical Engineering building, Room S212
    • ENTERTAINMENT

• Discussion. “”Portraits of Courage”” is an examination of overlooked blacks and their contributions to American history. Surprised at the absence of black figures in today’s history books, playwright Colin Cox created a theatrical piece to help bring recognition to a few of those who have helped shaped our country. In a 65-minute, two-person presentation, you will meet Ida B. Wells, Lewis Latimer, Colonel Young, C.J. Walker, Bass Reeves and Fannie Lou Hamer. 7 p.m. Social Sciences building, Room 100
      • Movie. “”Dreamer: Inspired by a true story.”” Dakota Fanning and a horse pull off a miracle with the help of Kris Kristofferson and Kurt Russell in this Disney movie. 7 p.m. $3. SUMC, Gallagher Theater