What to Watch (Sept. 14 to Sept. 16)

SAM RICHE
Tight end Rob Gronkowski (87) of the New England Patriots speaks to reporters during the AFC Champions' Media Day session at Lucas Oil Stadium for Super Bowl XLVI on Tuesday, January 31, 2012, in Indianapolis, Indiana. (Sam Riche/MCT)

Friday

UC Irvine at Arizona (volleyball)

Fans of morning volleyball rejoice as the Wildcats play matches on Friday and Saturday. 10:30 a.m. McKale Center

Bear Down Fridays

Enjoy giveaways, live music, mascots, cheerleaders, pom-poms, twirlers, flag performers and the marching band at the Main Gate Square event starting at 4 p.m.

This week the pep rally, starting at 7 p.m., will be hosted by baseball head coach Andy Lopez, and the Bat Cats’ national championship trophy will be there.

Florida International at Arizona (soccer)

Arizona hosts FIU at 7:30 p.m. in the Loews Ventana Canyon Resort Cats Classic, but you can also come early to boo ASU when they play Loyola Marymount at 5 p.m. Mulcahy Soccer Stadium, Plumer Avenue and 15th Street.

Washington State at UNLV

These two teams are mediocre at best. Last week against FCS teams, Wazzu barely won and the Rebels lost to NAU, but it’s an extra day of football. So, why not? 6 p.m. ESPN

Giants at Diamondbacks

It’s college night at Chase Field. Enter offer code “college” online to get $5 tickets. 6:40 p.m. Fox Sports Arizona

No. 16 TCU at Kansas

TCU makes its Big 12 debut. 9 a.m. FX

American at Arizona (volleyball)

10 a.m. McKale Center

Saturday

No. 1 Alabama at Arkansas

Was Arkansas an invention of the SEC hype machine? Was their loss last week to Louisiana Monroe a fluke? The Hogs’ loss last week was a motorcycle wreck as they dropped from No. 8 to unranked. 12:30 p.m. CBS

ZonaZoo tailgate

Go get free food before the game. 3:30 p.m.

Wildcat Walk

Cheer on the coaches and football team as they walk to the stadium. 5:30 p.m.

No. 2 USC at No. 21 Stanford

The winner of the match-up of the Pac-12’s private schools gets an early leg up in the race for home field advantage in the eventual championship game. 4:30 p.m.

Giants at Diamondbacks

The first 20,000 fans will receive a Matt Williams bobble head, and after the game there will be a D’Backs alumni game. There is also a shuttle to the game from the Foothills Mall that leaves at 2:10 p.m. for $20. 5:10 p.m. Fox Sports Arizona

South Carolina State at Arizona (football)

If the Wildcats beat their FCS foe, join the band, pom-poms and twirlers for a victory concert, like after any win, in front of the Administration Building. 7:30 p.m. Pac-12 Arizona

Sunday

Giants at Diamondbacks

Olé! It’s Hispanic Heritage Day at Chase Field. Starting at 11 a.m. there will be Lucha Libre wrestling outside the stadium. 1:10 p.m. Fox Sports Arizona

Cardinals at Patriots

Former Wildcat Rob Gronkowski is so “Gronk” that the Sports Illustrated cover jinx only affected his ability to perform his trademark celebratory spike after a touchdown. Will he get it right this week? 10 a.m. Fox

Ravens at Eagles

In Nick Foles Watch: Week Two, we see if Michael Vick’s four interceptions at the Dawg Pound against the Cleveland Browns was poetic justice or a sign that Arizona’s all-time leading passer will get his shot in Philly after a prolific preseason. 10 a.m. CBS

Jets at Steelers

When will Tebowmania come back for a second season? Will it be this game? 1:25 p.m. CBS

49ers at Lions

Yes, the game should be pretty good, but the real question is how will head coaches Jim Harbaugh and Jim Schwartz shake hands after the game. Last time the teams met, the post-game tradition didn’t go so well. 5:20 p.m. NBC**