HALFTIME: Arizona 29, Clemson 16

Arizona leads Clemson 29-16 at halftime in McKale Center. Eight different Wildcats scored in the first half, while Clemson shot only 22.9 percent from the field.

The Wildcats captured all of the momentum in the early going behind two monster dunks from Nick Johnson, one over 7-foot-2 center Catalin Baciu, and huge blocks from Kevin Parrom and Angelo Chol.

With Jordin Mayes, Kyle Fogg, Johnson, Solomon Hill and Jesse Perry as their starters, the Wildcats jumped out to a 15-8 lead behind threes from Hill, Mayes and Parrom. Clemson, on the other hand, missed nine of its first 10 shots and struggled to find any rhythm offensively.

Arizona stretched its lead to 24-10 with 6:19 to go as the Tigers still couldn’t find the bottom of the net. The Wildcats continued to fend off the struggling Tigers and took a 13-point lead into halftime.

After serving a one-game suspension against Florida, Josiah Turner returned to action and scored three points and grabbed two rebounds while collecting a pair of steals in 9 minutes. Fellow point guard Mayes made his first bucket in three games and finished the half with five points and two boards.

Johnson leads Arizona with six points on 3-for-4 shooting, while Hill collected five points, six rebounds and three assists in the first half.