Top 5 picks pf the week

Spring break is finally here, meaning you’re going to have a lot of nothing to do. Try to take up that time by spending ridiculous amounts of money at the movie theater. Here are some interesting films to check out over the break.

“”Dead Silence””

Remember that one Goosebumps book about the dolls in the attic? This movie looks a lot like that. It’s a horror film with a bunch of scary dolls and ventriloquists. This one opens up March 16.

“”Ultimate Girl””

If a relative passes away, do you really want to spend your time solving puzzles to receive your inheritance? See how this film’s characters react to the situation. Playing only at Century 20 El Con and AMC Loews Foothills 15.

“”The Jerk””

Steve Martin became a true star back when this movie was released back in 1979. UA students can see it this weekend at The Loft Cinema. Playing only tonight and tomorrow night at 10.

“”The Lives of Others””

This German film won the 2006 Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film. Don’t worry: This brainy thriller has English subtitles, so you’ll be able to follow along. Playing only at The Loft Cinema.

“”I Think I Love My Wife””

Chris Rock is one damn funny dude, but you already know that from his TV specials and other appearances. Now we’ll get to see how he performs in the director’s chair. He also stars in this romantic comedy about love and marriage. Opens March 16.

– compiled by Patrick Valenzuela