What to watch: Homecoming weekend

Ryan Revock
Ryan Revock/The Daily Wildcat

Friday

Book signing: From 11 a.m. to noon, former Arizona Daily Wildcat editor Shane Dale will be signing his book on the UA/ASU rivalry “Territorial: The History of the Duel in the Desert.”

Women’s swimming and diving: The women get the UA’s first crack at UCLA this weekend at 2 p.m.

Pep rally: The UA will hold its annual Homecoming pep rally starting at 5 p.m. at Main Gate Square. It will feature head football coach Rich Rodriguez, football players, the band, the pomline, cheerleaders, Wilbur and Wilma, athletics director Greg Byrne and the Homecoming king and queen will be crowned.

Men’s basketball: The No. 6 Wildcats open the season with Cal Poly at McKale Center, at 8 p.m. The game will be televised on the Pac-12 Networks.

Hockey: Arizona hosts No. 1 Minot State, the defending national champions at 7:30 p.m. at the Tucson Convention Center. It is Military Appreciation weekend, tickets are buy two get one free and the Wildcats will wear camouflage uniforms. Friday is $1 hot dog night.

Women’s basketball: Arizona opens the season at Iona at 4:30 p.m., it can be seen on Pac-12.com.

Saturday

Swimming and diving: Both men and women take on the Trojans at 1 p.m. at home.

ZonaZoo tailgate: The ZonaZoo will have Jimmy John’s at its customary tailgate at 4 p.m.

Parade: At 5 p.m., the UA will hold the annual Homecoming parade, which will feature more than 50 floats, the Homecoming royalty and the Pride of Arizona Marching Band.

Wildcat Walk: Cheer on the football team as it walks to Arizona Stadium from the mall on Cherry Avenue at 6:15 p.m.

Hockey: The Wildcats wrap up their series with No. 1 Minot State at 7:30 p.m.

Football: Arizona hosts No. 19 UCLA at 8 p.m. on ESPN.

Women’s basketball: Arizona wraps up the Iona Tip-off Tournament with either Michigan or Bowling Green at 11 a.m. on Pac-12.com.

Sunday

Softball: The Wildcats play the alumni team at noon at Hillenbrand Stadium.

Volleyball: Arizona squares off against No. 3 Washington at 2 p.m. on the Pac-12 Networks.

Monday

Men’s Basketball: The Wildcats host Long Beach State in game two of the season, at 8 p.m. on the Pac-12 Networks.

—Follow James Kelley @JamesKelley520