Pac-10 Power Rankings

The murky waters at the top of the Pacific 10 Conference are finally starting to clear. After another weekend, the top teams are pulling away from a congested middle.

1. California (17-8, 9-4) — It was as heavyweight as the Pac-10 gets: Jerome Randle vs. Quincy Pondexter in a slugfest at Berkeley. Randle scored 33 points and was named conference Player of the Week after the Bears swept the weekend against the Washington schools.

2. ASU (18-8, 8-5) — Here’s the Sun Devils’ chance to do what Arizona did in Tempe: win and join the top of the conference. A weekend sweep against the Oregon schools isn’t entirely impressive, but a win in Tucson Sunday would certainly raise some eyebrows.

3. USC (15-9, 7-5) — For the sixth time in the last 50 years, the Trojans swept UCLA in the regular season. They’re in the hunt. 

4. Washington (17-8, 7-6) — The Huskies finally picked up a road win after starting conference play 0-5 away from Seattle.

5. Arizona (13-12, 7-6) — Sean Miller called Saturday’s loss to Oregon State “”rock bottom.”” Now the team has two-a-days, starting with 6 a.m. practice. As if the Wildcats need any extra motivation for Sunday’s game against the Sun Devils.

6. Oregon State (11-13, 5-7)  — Breaking a 27-year drought of winning in McKale Center might’ve kept the Beavers afloat in, well, a confidence standpoint.

7. UCLA (11-13, 6-6) — Two heartbreaking Valentine’s Day games in the past two seasons: last year, getting crushed by the Wildcats in Tucson and then Sunday getting edged by USC and Dwight Lewis’ 23 points.

8. Washington State (15-10, 5-8) — The Bay Area schools handed the Cougars two more L’s — they’ve lost five of their last six.

9. Stanford (11-14, 5-8) — A relatively easy remainder of their schedule could give the Cardinal some momentum heading into their season finale at home against California and the Pac-10 Tourney.

10. Oregon (12-12, 4-8) — Could Mark Few be on the radar?