To get you through your weekend …

Thursday Dec. 2

Karl Denson’s Tiny Universe

Karl Denson is a funky, jazzy force of nature. Formerly performing alongside Lenny Kravitz, Denson created his own supernatural jazz funk project in 1998. His last album, which debuted in September 2009, is a celebration of all things soulful and groovy.

The Rialto Theatre

318 E. Congress St.

9 p.m., $20

Friday Dec. 3

UApresents: Liza Minnelli

Tracy Jordan would be envious of Liza Minnelli, one of only eight performance artists of all time to EGOT — that is, to win an Emmy, Grammy, Oscar, and a Tony. Since “”Cabaret,”” Minnelli has been known as one of the most tenacious and exciting American stage presences. In this special performance at Centennial Hall, Liza will kick up her legs in some classic numbers as well as new surprises. Don’t miss the chance to see this dazzling icon on the Centennial Hall stage.

Centennial Hall

1020 E. University Blvd.

8 p.m., Tickets start at $15

TEDxTucson: A Night of Riveting Talks by Remarkable People

TEDx is a satellite project inspired by the innovative minds behind TED, the global conference of “”ideas worth spreading.”” Bringing the spirit of TED to a local space, TEDx is independently organized, and this Friday marks the first TEDx conference at the Rialto Theatre. The theme of this first annual TEDxTucson is “”Innovating our Green Economy,”” discussing Tucson’s presence as a clean and green city.

Rialto Theatre

318 E. Congress St.

5:30 p.m., $10

Saturday Dec. 4

The Wonderland Music Art Imagination Festival

Wonderland Entertainment invites you to the Wonderland. The Hut hosts this mini music, art and food fest. Besides the 11 bands and three stages, the Wonderland will provide good food, drink and company with live art, fire performers and even a fire cannon. We’re all mad here, so this event is all ages. The Wonderland will include a special surprise at sunset.

The Hut

305 N. Fourth Ave.

4:30 p.m., $15

Breathless/50th Anniversary Restored Edition at The Loft

A rare screening of Jean Luc-Godard’s “”Breathless”” arrives at The Loft for a limited engagement. His first feature film, “”Breathless,”” secured Godard as one of the pioneers of French New Wave Cinema and attracted critical attention to the movement. This new release of “”Breathless”” has been painstakingly remastered, and is even more beautiful on the large screen.

The Loft Cinema

3233 E. Speedway Blvd.

10 p.m., Tickets start at $7

Sunday Dec. 5

Southwest Nutcracker at the Tucson Convention Center

The Tucson Regional Ballet flawlessly combines the holiday classic, “”The Nutcracker,”” with the unique personality of the Tucson desert. TRB transforms the Nutcracker into a wild Western, setting it in the 1880s. The Western ballet will have visions of chile peppers dancing in your head. Musical accompaniment by the Tucson Symphony Orchestra.

Tucson Music Hall

260 S. Church Ave.

2 p.m.Tickets start at $23