Hall of Fame

Editor’s Note: The 2009 UA Sports Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony is taking place today, beginning at 4:45 p.m. The ceremony will take place in McKale Center at Lute & Bobbi Olson Court and includes the unveiling of the inductee banners at the Rountree Mezzanine in the Jim Click Hall of Champions. There will be a hosted reception in the Eddie Lynch Pavilion following the ceremony. Four of the five inductees that will be personally attending including Lute Olson, JT Snow, Amy Linnen and Chris Nallen.

Amy Linnen

Years: 2001-2004

Sport: Women’s track & field

What she did: Participated in pole vault and is the 2001 USA Junior champion, 2002 NCAA Indoor champion and the NCAA indoor record holder. Linnen also was named an All-American during competition period.

Chris Nallen

Years: 2001-2004

Sport: Men’s golf

What he did: Earned a first-team GCAA PING All-America selection. He is currently member of the PGA Tour, and was named to the Palmer Cup team in 2003-2004.

Lorena Ochoa

Years: 2001-2002

Sport: Women’s folf

What she did: Ochoa was named the most outstanding student athlete in Division I women’s golf for her accomplishments during her time at Arizona. She also garnered NCAA Player of the Year honors in 2001 and 2002.

Lute Olson

Years: 1983-2008

Sport: Men’s basketball head coach

What he did: Lute Olson revitalized the Arizona men’s basketball program and made Tucson into a basketball town. Under his leadership, the team won a NCAA championship in 1997.

J.T. Snow

Years: 1987-1989

Sport: Baseball

What he did: Snow played three years at Arizona, was named to the All-Pac-10 Club and holds the record for most putouts at Arizona. The New York Yankees drafted Snow in 1989. He spent 13 seasons in the major leagues, most of them with the San Francisco Giants.