POBEAT: 10/31/16

POBEAT%3A+10%2F31%2F16

Wrong bag

A University of Arizona Police Department officer was driving around at 8 a.m. on Oct. 22 when he saw a man walking in an erratic way with his jeans falling off his waist and looking confused. The officer conducted a welfare check on the man and noticed the man’s clothes smelled like alcohol.

The man said he had drank about three to four beers the night before at the Luna apartments and he was on his way back to his dorm, Posada San Pedro. The officer asked him how old he was, and the man said he was 18 years old.

The officer had the man take a Portable Breathalyzer test twice, and both times the results were negative, but the officer noticed the man’s tongue was green when he opened his mouth to take the test. When asked, the man said he had smoked marijuana that morning.

The officer searched the man and found a plastic bag with one white pill. The man said it was Xanax and that his friend had put it in his pocket as he was leaving. He said he had thought that it had been a bag with marijuana in it. The man had a Dean of Students referral and was put through the diversion process.

That’s not soda

UAPD officers responded to a call about a man who had poured alcohol into a cup and was acting intoxicated on the UA Mall on Oct. 19. Officers walked around the mall and the Student Union Memorial Center and eventually found the man by the Bear Down Gym.

When officers found the man, they recognized him from the exclusionary order list. The man said he was “just walking through to go to the park,” and when asked the man identified himself.

The man was carrying a Polar Pop cup from Circle K, and as he put it down to talk to the officer, he took a sip. The officer could smell alcohol coming from the drink and the man’s breath.

When running a warrants check on the man, officers found he had an active UAPD warrant or failure to appear and also had an active exclusionary order. The man was arrested for trespassing second degree and for consuming spirituous liquor in public; he also received another exclusionary order for one year. He was taken to the Pima County Adult Detention Center.