“Party involving 200 teens erupts in series of fights, stabbing”

St. Clair County sheriff’s deputies found a male covered in blood inside a car late Saturday night after he had been stabbed sometime during a series of chaotic fights that broke out in and around a neighborhood just east of Belleville.

Authorities don’t know the victim’s name, age or how he was stabbed because he and other witnesses refused to cooperate with deputies, Capt. Steve Johnson said.

“”It was obvious he was highly intoxicated and refusing to cooperate,”” Johnson said.

The victim, who had a large wound in his left forearm, was found in the 2600 block of West Boulevard by deputies who had been called about 11 p.m. to the Lincolnshire neighborhood to respond to multiple fights involving dozens of people, Johnson said.

Deputies had been called an hour earlier to a party in the 1400 block of Vicksburg Drive involving about 200 teenagers, Johnson said. No evidence of alcohol was found at the time, and an adult who lived at the property was told to supervise partygoers and keep them out of the middle of the street.

When deputies were called to the neighborhood again about an hour later, they found large groups of people fighting and running through yards at different properties near the party, which was then dispersed.

The stabbing victim was taken by ambulance to a hospital for treatment. An investigator is following up on the stabbing, Johnson said.

No arrests or other serious injuries were reported.

Johnson said only three deputies were on-duty Saturday night and weren’t able to investigate the stabbing further at the hospital because of the large number of fights that were happening in the area.