Numerous Numbers

Correction

Former UA guard J.P. Prince was listed as a McDonald’s All-American in yesterday’s article “”UA signee Bayless sixth straight recruit to play in McDonald’s All-American game,”” (p.19) and in “”Numerous Numbers”” (p.14). Prince was a McDonald’s nominee but did not make the cut. No one in the 2005 recruiting class played in the game, snapping Arizona’s McDonald’s streak at three. The Wildcat regrets the error.

Main Number: 28
    Number of strikeouts recorded by softball ace Taryne Mowatt over the weekend in a three-game set against No. 2 Texas A&M.

Other Numbers:

4.40 Time, in seconds, that former Arizona running back Chris Henry ran in the 40-yard dash during his workout yesterday at the NFL Scouting Combine. The time was tops among running backs at the Indianapolis event.

0 Number of Pacific 10 Conference team titles the No. 5 men’s swimming and diving team won this weekend.

195.000 Score the No. 13 Gymcats posted in a win against ASU Friday. The total was Arizona’s lowest of the month and the worst since a 193.075 at UCLA Jan. 21.

65 The number of wins that separates Arizona and ASU all-time series in men’s basketball. The Wildcats lead the series 138-73, including victories in 24 of the last 25 meetings.

4 Times, in 28 years, that the Arizona Icecats have missed the American Collegiate Hockey Association National Tournament, including this season, as the team went 17-13-1.

29 Number of years the Arizona men’s swim and dive has competed in the
    Pac-10.

6 Consecutive seasons that the men’s basketball team has had a recruit play in the McDonald’s All-American game after 2007 signee Jerryd Bayless was named to the roster this year. Bayless follows Hassan Adams, Mustafa Shakur, Jawann McClellan, J.P. Prince and Chase Budinger.

27 Time played, in minutes, by forward Bret Brielmaier in Arizona’s 61-58 win over ASU last night in Tempe. The total was a career high for the junior.

Trivia Question: When was the last time Arizona lost to ASU in men’s basketball?